Monday, July 11, 2011

Two Years Later...

It's hard to believe I haven't written a blog post since right after returning from Europe. I suppose I considered this blog to be "my Europe blog." But the blog title - She's Leaving Home - is really more appropriate for what happened shortly after returning from my trip.

In November 2009, I left Tennessee, my family, my friends and drove nearly 3,000 miles to a city where I didn't have a job, where I knew only three people and where I am questioned almost daily about my funny accent (I have twice been asked if I am Australian - really?). The move and the circumstances surrounding it have been life-changing and have sent me down paths that I never anticipated. I wish I had blogged all along about the journey, but as they say, it's never too late. So here I am.

My last post ended with the statement that the next time I took a trip there would be someone beside me. Apparently that wasn't meant to be - not for my next trip at least. But I'm not one to let the absence of a travel companion stop me from doing what I want. And what I want is to travel and see more of the world. So that's exactly what I'm getting ready to do. Details a comin'. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment